Pulled Beef Tacos
I admit, tacos are not normally my thing.
I don't like the salty, weird seasoning. I don't love ground beef for that application, and the hard corn shells are bleh. My husband loves tacos, so I am always trying to think of ways that I will eat them and enjoy them so he can also have joy. Well folks, I found it.
Slow cooked beef roast (I used blade roast, but you can use whatever cut you desire), crunchy bright veggies and soft, warm tortillas seemed to be the gateway by which I fall in love with the amazing taco.
- 3 lb beef roast
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 /2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp Better Than Bouillon Beef
- 1 cup water
- 1 package small wheat tortillas (Or corn if you're lucky enough to have access)
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 shredded carrot
- Salsa (optional)
- Guacamole (optional)
- Sour Cream (optional)
- Hot Sauce (optional)
- Cheese (optional)
- Lime wedges (optional)
- In your slowcooker OR Instant Pot, add beef, cumin, cinnamon, water, bouillon, oil, vinegar, salt, garlic, cayenne.
- For slowcooker: set on low for 5-6 hours until beef is fork tender and pullable
- For pressure cooker: Set on high for 45 mins, do a Natural Release
- When beef is ready, remove from pot and pull with two forks, it should fall apart.
- If in pressure cooker, remove lid and turn on saute button, add shredded beef back to juice and reduce for 15 mins until the beef absorbs the sauce
- Toast tortillas until golden
- Fill with whatever combination of toppings you like. I like guacamole, lime, sour cream, hot sauce, and cabbage/carrots. My husband likes cheese, tomatoes, salsa and cabbage and carrots. Play around with them and make them yours!
- This should be enough for 1 dozen tacos
- You could also add cilantro to these if you were a person with no taste buds.
- These are especially good after a workout that you completed after putting in a full day of work ;)